If you want to read lengthy, drawn-out reviews of the movies in theaters now (or soon to be) then this isn't the blog you should be reading. Most of the posts from The Other Critic are short, sweet and to the point; that's how we roll here.

We also don't just focus on current movies. Let's face it, there are plenty of good movies that have been made, and sometimes viewers have a tendency to forget that there is more to life than movies in the theaters.

With all that said, please enjoy the short and concise, and sometimes opinionated reviews. If you don't like them, that's okay—we won't hold it against you.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

9 Gets 7.5 Rating

So, I was really looking forward to this movie. Ever since I saw the trailer and the short film the movie was based on, I have been excited.

I went with some friends to a late show last night to see 9. I should have realized I was in for it when the trailers were few in number and even less in quality. Man, they were really, really bad. But, don't let me persuade against seeing this movie. The animation and story were absolutely amazing. Very visually pleasing to the eye and imagination. There were only two things that I was disappointed with. The first was the way it ended. It wasn't a bad ending, just a little anti-climactic. The second, and bigger, letdown, in my opinion, was the misleading message that the trailer ave when it came to the music. Again, the music wasn't bad, just not what was portrayed in the trailer. I think the movie would have been a lot better if the music would have incorporated a little more of the music from the trailer.

With that said, 9 fell a little short with me, but was still a great show and worth seeing in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment