If you want to read lengthy, drawn-out reviews of the movies in theaters now (or soon to be) then this isn't the blog you should be reading. Most of the posts from The Other Critic are short, sweet and to the point; that's how we roll here.

We also don't just focus on current movies. Let's face it, there are plenty of good movies that have been made, and sometimes viewers have a tendency to forget that there is more to life than movies in the theaters.

With all that said, please enjoy the short and concise, and sometimes opinionated reviews. If you don't like them, that's okay—we won't hold it against you.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Death At a Funeral 2010

Okay, this is the Chris Rock 2010 version of this film. To be completely honest, I really expected more from this all-star cast. But, sadly, I was let down. Maybe because it was a remake; I really enjoyed the British version of this film much more.

So, if you want to watch one of the two, I'd say you'd be better off with the British version.

1 comment:

  1. I think in general most people love the original of everything because there is an emotional attachment and also research says the things we input first are most memorable. Personally I liked the new movie but I didn't see the original. I suppose since I saw this one first I would like it better if I saw the old one now. It’s just a hunch. I saw it on my new HD TV too just after I bought it and I was surprised how great of a picture it was. My new DISH Network service I get for being an employee is even more awesome because I have over 200 HD channels and HD movies to watch on all 4 of our commercial premium channels. It's more HD than any other provider so you should look into it.

    ReplyDelete