If you want to read lengthy, drawn-out reviews of the movies in theaters now (or soon to be) then this isn't the blog you should be reading. Most of the posts from The Other Critic are short, sweet and to the point; that's how we roll here.

We also don't just focus on current movies. Let's face it, there are plenty of good movies that have been made, and sometimes viewers have a tendency to forget that there is more to life than movies in the theaters.

With all that said, please enjoy the short and concise, and sometimes opinionated reviews. If you don't like them, that's okay—we won't hold it against you.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quick Look

So, I have discovered the joy of Netflix, and with that have been watching a lot of movies. With that, I have decided to implement a quick and easy way to review handfuls of movies that you may, or may not have seen. Most likely, these are shows that I have already seen at one time, but it's always nice to watch them again. With that said, here we go with Quick Look:

Outsourced This is where the television sit-com got it's start. I was actually really excited, and ready to have a good laugh. Unfortunately, all I got were a few chuckles here and there and a whole lot of drama. I'll stick with the sit-com, until it gets canceled.

Over the Top I don't even know where to begin with this one. Sylvester Stalone in his younger years playing a arm wrestling trucker. This movie was lame. I wish I could get the time back that I wasted watching it.

Insomnia Ah, this is a classic macho-cop Al Pachino flick. While I like, and appreciate, Pachino's talent as an actor, I felt that Robin Williams' character in this film was awesome. I thought it was interesting that Williams was chosen to play the villain. Typical Pachino cop flick, but a good show.

I'll review a few more films in the next day or so.

1 comment:

  1. Insomnia was directed by none other than Christopher Nolan. I think it was his follow-up to Memento.

    ReplyDelete